Originally Posted By: Ken.C
You're also endangering people who see the nutball coming and try to move to avoid hitting him or him hitting them.

I'm not here to apologise to anyone for the way I live my life. I've never denied that my hobbies carry risks to my own well being. As a 40 year old man I take full responsibility for the consequences of those risks to myself.

But I DO NOT put others at risk, so to address the above quote... why on earth would that 20,000 to 30,000 pound tractor have to try to move out of the way of a 450 pound motorcycle passing them doing the speed limit???

The gearing changes I've made to my bike has caused major speedo error, which is why I use the GPS to give an accurate speed reading in those videos. 80 mph on my bikes speedo is 55 mph on the GPS, I've tested and confirmed that on multiple GPS units. The speed limit on that road is 55 mph. You will never see me pass another vehicle going more than a few mph over the speed limit at the most, I'm usually going under the speed limit when I pass other vehicles. Perhaps you skipped over the part where I very clearly stated that I do not endorse riding irresponsibly around town, in traffic, in populated areas and around children, and I don't do any of those things myself period.

This road is out in bfe farmer land. I never would have known it existed before I bought my bike brand new in 2005, until my mechanic recommended I do a hard break in on it to seal up the cylinders as tightly as possible. To which I responded, "yeah, but where am I supposed to do a hard break-in around here"? He said, "take it out to Terrys, that's where we break in the customer bikes".

So I talked to Terry. Terry owns the farm on the left hand side of the road at the west end of that road. He works for Barry (my mechanic) on all the farming equipment that comes into the shop. His uncle owns the farm across from him, and his uncles father (what does that make him anyhow, his great uncle?) owns the farm on the left hand side of the east end of that road. Rick owns the other farm along that road, he isn't related to Terry or his uncles, but he and Terry are best friends.

Terry was the one who told me to go out and break my bike in down his road. Secluded, wide open (until the corn starts to grow), and you're more likely to encounter a tractor or some other farming equipment than anything. They drag race their snow mobiles down that road in the winter. You have plenty of visible warning when a vehicle is coming. First of all there are a couple of hills that precede last hill at either end of the road, so you can spot any traffic well before it appears on the main stretch.

But even if you were to miss something before it did pop up over the last hill, you'd still have close to a mile to slow down before you passed them... only someone who didn't give a shit about doing tripple digits in traffic could endanger another vehicle on Terrys road... and that ain't me. Well before I reach either hill top I've already slowed back down to the speed limit. I never take off if there is a vehicle coming either way. If anyone is going to get hurt by my actions down Terrys road, it would be me.

Besides the time I broke my bike in, I've gone out to Terrys a half dozen times. Besides those handful of high speed runs I follow the rules of the road like anyone else. In 20 years of riding I've been ticketed once while on a motorcycle. So you boys can criticize how much I'm endangering all those helpless motorists on the road all you want, it really doesn't matter because that just ain't the way it is. You'd be better off harshly condeming me for jumping out of an airplane because if my chut fails to open I just might land on an unsuspecting civilian minding his own business on the ground. That's much more likely to happen than me slamming into a car pulling out in front of me down Terrys road... lmao, you're more than welcome to my EP800's if you could pull off that magic trick!

BUT, the audacity to bring my kids into this thread and to insinuate that I must really not give a shit about them if I'm willing to take risks with my life.... man I have to say, I've been preached at many time in my years, but I certainly didn't come back here to listen to some bull shit like that. The comments concerning my kids had to do with my relationship status, not my speed fetish. I've put women on the back burner for the next 5 to 6 years so as not to drag Christian or Ellie through anymore of the agony that relationship drama puts kids through. I didn't decide to do that to gain anyone elses approval, I did that for the sake of my kids, period.

My kids and I have a very open and understanding relationship. They went through my cancer with me, they are well aware that I live my life the way I want to live it. I'm not the kind of person who just has to tell others how to live their lives. And I'm really disinterested in hanging around a site with so many who feel the need to judge mine.

To everyone else, it's been a pleasure.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD