After telling myself I wanted to wait for a technology that eventually would combine the versatility of a tablet with the eyeball friendliness of an e-reader, I bought a Kindle.

Why did I give in? Because I almost always do. However my reasoning was that I have to renew a bunch of certifications for work and one thing I hate is trying to sit comfortably to study from a 50 pound technical book so I thought I would try it out. So far, I am very happy.

I tried and could never study from yet another LCD screen after staring at one all day at work and e-paper is truly like looking at real paper. I do not feel fatigued at all when reading it for hours. It also works equally well sitting out on the deck on a sunny day. No more posturing an awkward hardcover to stay comfortable, holding pages down in a slight breeze, struggling to turn a single page instead of two stuck together. Also, I had the book I was thinking about buying for weeks in under 60 seconds without a 30 minute drive to my nearest book store.

I thought I would use it just for technical manuals but after trying it out for a novel, I'm hooked. I still hold some romantic reverence for a printed book but I have to admit, this is just plain easier.

Just curious if anyone else here has gone this route.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.