Hey guys/gals,

I have a friend that has a large insulated metal out building on the property. They currently use it for large gatherings, parties, graduations, etc. It has a smaller (still huge) side, and then a much larger room that has large bay doors for a camper, etc.

He wants to make the smaller side into a movie room for the kids and family to enjoy, and the larger room more for sports parties and large gatherings. The smaller room would be 5.1 or 7.1 with a decent projector ($1500 or less) and the larger room he is not as picky on the projector, maybe a used one with a longer throw distance for the big games.

He is not particular about "the best" sound quality, and I mentioned to him that the room was going to be very reflective as is. He said they have had bands play and felt it was fine. He also does not want to spend a fortune on expensive speakers but wants good sound.

He was originally looking at the Klipsch Quintet 5.0 system that Best Buy is pushing to him. I said you don't want anything that small in a huge room like this...so he is open for suggestions, BUT he wants everything mounted on the wall, so if we go with Axioms, M3s or M22s across the front is what I'm considering with Qs8's for sure on the sides, and not sure about the back wall.

For a projector in the smaller room he is eyeing the Epson 8350 which is a 1080p under $1299 with great reviews. We would most likely have to mount it hanging down from a long extension about 16ft or so back. Unless we can find a longer throw projector in the same $ range that could sit on top of the bathroom roof (see pics).

It is a large room, but I think with a decent sub, the M3's or M22's would work. Again, he is not into concert level requirments in SPL, just something the kids would be like WoW dad, this is cool.

Subs are another question, I have a fondness for Axiom. But, for the price, he could get a killer Elemental Designs sub with a much bigger amp, same price as the 350. Thoughts on subs would be appreciated. Also, he was thinking about putting the sub up in the back corner on top of the restroom area. Might produce some good bass up there...

Best Buy was telling him there is a way to send HDMI signal wirelessly to the projectors, without cables. I'm a little uneasy about doing this, and not versed in these options. I would prefer running HDMI cables, sending HD over wireless seems like a bad road to take?

He is thinking about putting the receiver, dvd, etc. in the back corner by the large fridge. I'm trying to figure out how to hook up two projectors and have everthing controlled from one receiver from that back location. Will the remote work, wouldn't you have to point it backwards. What if your in the big room and want to adjust the volume? Do harmony's need line of site view?

Also, I assume the big room would only have 2 speakers, would they be zone 2, and could someone be watching a movie in the one room at the same time as music in the other?

Any advice would be appreciated on my install. I'm sure I will have more questions coming...

Pictures below of both rooms...oh yeah, the screen will be mounted above where the tool box is in the smaller room, and above/right of the big door in the huge room

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85