Hello fellow axiomites!

I recently purchased the Axiom M3's and they have been in my home for well over a month now. They are eventually going to a friend (I think), so in the meantime, I've been able to listen to the M22's and M3's side by side for a wide range of music. It's been exciting!

I'd love to give back to the Axiom community by writing an extensive review of these two fine speakers. A few years ago I wrote a M22 vs M60 review , and really enjoyed doing it. Because of that, I'm looking forward to complete another review that will help some others on the path to bookshelf audio nirvana via Axiom Audio wink.

I'm really focusing in on the comparing the speakers with different styles of music. I won't give anything away so far, but I've been pleasantly surprised by both the M3's and M22's in how they perform similarly, and differently.

I think one of the greatest indicators of the quality of any sound production device is an immense improvement when higher-end electronics come into play. Both the M22's and M3's have a noticable increase in soundstage and detail when going through my standalone DAC rather than the DAC in my old receiver. I though it was just my ears, so I had a few "blind" listening tests with some novice audiophiles, and 3 out of 4 of them noticed that the DAC brought so much more detail to the table. To me, this underscores the fact that the M3's and M22's are world class speakers for the price because of the incredible detail they can reproduce. When they are fed from a quality source, they really sing smile

In any case, I'd love it if I could get some musical recommendations for review from the Axiom community. Whenever I begin reviewing speakers, I get lost in my music collection trying to find the best albums and songs to listen to, so I'd appreciate some help! I already have a long list of reference songs, but I'd like some more.

Cheers to all and happy 4th of July weekend!

Oh...Axioms are canadian speakers...

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2