here is a quick update. i received the QS8v3 about a week and some odd change ago and took it out of the box to inspect for damage (it was undamaged, always a good thing!) then put it back in the box till later. well, i had some free time so i connected it up to my front left (removing my M2v3) for a power test and it sounded great; so I now don't have to worry about it not working when powered!

i am not going to be able to test it in the new place until around the second week of August. I have listened to many of you and think i will do what was recommended to me by many. i'll place it temporarily in both locations at 4' and at 14' (yes, it turns out actually 14' away from the surround side QS8's than i first realized) then using a 6 or 7 channel movie i'll test several things and see which i like best then do a full calibration with the pre-amp and call it a day!

keep one thing in mind, i know that 14' might be a hike for the QS8v3 speaker, but, i believe it's possible with the proper calibration and adjustments that even at that distance i might be able to get what i want. which is not necessarily a hugh sound but if i can create enough audio that will constantly make me and my quess turn (or think to turn) our heads to look in back of us wondering what that noise is then i'll be thrilled. i can always compensate for loudness by raising the level after Audyssey has completed it's calibration. so what i'm saying is that the farthest distance between the two (14') is by no means not possible.

i'll supply results and pictures at that time. thanks to everyone here at the forum and to everyone at Axiom for your help and the great products i love so much!

i'll keep you all posted.

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93