First wall (or third, depending on if you count the 2 existing exterior walls) is up. Room will be 14 feet wide after the double drywall. The back/left of the picture will be the equipment rack. I decided to just stagger those areas and will DD+GG the inside of the rack area so that it is still at the same sound proofing level as the rest of the room.

I am building shelves into the back wall as well (they will look "built in" but in fact will be mounted in front of this main wall.

Goal is to have the long 24.5 foot (exterior length) wall with doorway framed up before Friday. Then I will work on the last pieces of duct work framing and the final basement wall between the game room and storage area. Then off to California for work next week. I hope to come back to a window to put in (stinking custom order) and will start on the electrical.

We are 99% sure that we want to replace the 10.5 foot beam that links the one side of our stairwell with the exterior wall with a 14 foot beam to open up the bottom of the stairs a little more. I know the process, and even with the (yet to be built) home theater wall helping to hold up the house, and a temp wall as well, I am still nervous about it.

Here is a snapshot of the first (or third) wall...

Yup, there is an empty MAME arcade cabinet and 4-player control panel, oh, and my Theatre of Magic pinball (up on end) in the photo as well.

Farewell - June 4, 2020