Originally Posted By: BobKay

When you started a 4th of July thread, Michael, you began it by reproducing a Reagan speech. Do you realize that you instantly politicized the thread out of the gate? That's like dumping a load of bricks on a shrew to make a point.

Oh give me a brake Bob….. That’s generalization to the tenth. You’re bigger than that and you should know me better. Savant’s post was completely filled with overly biased opinions stated as facts with name calling, and it certainly wasn’t conservative in nature.

Until his post, all others were civil and respectful.

My Forth of July thread, if you would have taken the time to read past the name “Reagan”, was about the revolution, the day that July 4 is supposed to recognize. I neither supported him or denounced him. I just thought his speech was appropriate. To call that political is a stretch of inordinate proportions to support whatever agenda you happen to have towards me at this particular moment.

I am neither liberal or conservative. I am neither a Republican or a Democrat. I look to the person, what that person stands for without any regard to that person’s political party allegiance. Anyone who wants to try and call me one or the other would be mistaken. I look at both sides. In fact, the quote I posted above is clearly a quote that does not support either side, whether you call them liberal / democratic or conservative / republican.

Originally Posted By: pmbuko
That headspace is pretty much where I was way back when you and I butted heads, Mike. smile

We butted heads? I’ve forgotten and have gone so far as to extend to you an invitation to stay in my home, why haven’t you? I don’t understand your term headspace.

Originally Posted By: audiosavant

I think we need a viable third party. A middle class/labor party of some kind. A "workers" party if you will (but I'm sure that sounds way too "commie" for you).

You know... a political party for the small guy. A party for people who are not wealthy or poor. People who actually work for a living and don't have access to the power that the rich do or the programs that the poor have.

You didn’t read the quote I posted either, apparently. There was a time when we had more than two parties.

Just where do you think I reside in the economic food chain? Ever bother to ask or even care? I have calluses on my hands and the only “deduction” I have is a slew of charitable donations, every year, and the mortgage interest on my home, with no second home.

I would rather have a simple flat tax, if you really want to know how I feel about it.

Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople

Agreed wholeheartedly. Reagan was a quack, and it's apparent from Michael's posts that he only wants to read right-wing views on this forum. He's spat off with me about my "left-wing rhetoric" before.

Apparent? You branding me now Cam? No, I don’t want to read either. If you recall, I “spat off” after you went on one of your rants about how evil and F-ed up the USA is. Feel free to call me a patriot, as I am one and I don’t visit this sight to read anti-US comments from folks who can only see one side of a situation, the side they happen to agree with.