In the market for a new avr. I have it narrowed down to a few options right now. In particular I am looking at the Onkyo TX-NR 809 and the Yamaha Aventage A2000. I can get the 809 for around $1200 taxes in and the A2000 for $1300. I have read throughout different forums people picking up the 809 for $699 from Newegg but seeing as I am in Canada(Halifax Nova Scotia) I can not take advantage of that deal and am 5.5 hrs away to the border.

I previously had a Yamaha HTR 6190(same as RXV-1800). I like the idea of the network receiver and would like take advantage of some of features. I like the new look of the Onkyo's and the new Yamaha look is growing on me. I like the new OSD and GUI... the Onkyo wins there I think.

Anyway, just want to see what other people think on this. Not looking for answers like go listen to them to yourself and decide. The Yamaha is local but I have to order in the 809.

I have previously owned both Onkyo and Yamaha and had good results with both. My room is 19Lx11Wx8H. My speakers are Monitor Audio RX6, RXC and RXFX's with a Bic Acoustech PL-200 for a sub. I watch a fair amount of movies and listen to music as well(70/30 we'll say).

I have also seen a used UMC-1 for $400 shipped and can get a UPA-7 for around $700(plus shipping maybe).

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Panny 50"PZ85u, Anthem MRX510, Emotiva UPA7, Monitor Audio Silver 8, Centre, FX, HTPC, PS4