Anytime Tom. Ask away if you have more questions.

I'm pretty sure none of the Apple products handle FLAC. I am sure you will be very satisfied with the sound quality of a Squeezebox (unless they really messed up the new units.) I attribute most of the jaw drops I see to my M60s but guests are constantly amazed when I get the music going with the SB as the source. Detail, sound-stage, everything, nothing seems lost. As I mentioned in another post, this stereo setup is my preferred spot for music listening over my full HT room in the basement.

For the record, I'm not saying Squeezebox is the best product out there, just that it has served me well for years and I highly recommend it. There are so many more choices now but I feel no need to change since the remote apps have appeared. It's just the one I have experience with.

Yes, Sharon does indeed use her iPad to control the music and she is not technically minded. In fact, she never used the squeezebox much at all until I loaded the app on her iPad. Prior to that, she only knew how to make it play CBC Internet Radio in the morning. Bit of a curse now though as she likes to change the music I'm playing to something she likes, just to have fun with me. Luckily, I like more variety than she does so I always win the remote wars.

Thought:
I never tried my unit to see if both the analog and the fiber link work at the same time. I bet they do as there is no setting to switch from one to the other.

Last edited by Murph; 09/02/11 04:58 PM. Reason: missed a 1/2 a sentence

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.