Sarang,

I have put some comments in below regarding your laundry list:

1. Hex screws should be a little recessed on the speakers to give a cleaner look. – Our current screw has a nice positive drive on it that we like. Then there are all those people who really like the look of our current screw; or is it only me?

2. Top and bottom speakers on the QS should be flush with the speaker body. – This is a manufacturing thing. Our wood cutting shop is fully automated and the robot machines that cut the parts cannot hold this part to make the inset in it. There is not enough material left on this part for the clamping if we inset the driver. We will continue to see if we can figure out how to get the machine to do this. There have been attempts at it in the past but then there is always the next idea to try.

3. Towers should come with the option of outriggers. – This is a good idea for customize yours. We have been talking about it here over the past few days and the plinth idea is gaining a lot of favour over just the legs.

4. Real wood finishes at the price of vinyl (my fav). – This is my favourite also. It would just keep it so simple. The only possible downside is if people felt that increasing the vinyl prices up to be the same as the real wood was ok.

5. Brushed stainless steel logo on speakers. – I usually leave these sorts of things up to the women. I will have to ask Amie, Amie, Debbie, and Noreen what they think.

6. Improved sleeker looking stands design. – We have been working on our stands lately. We have not changed the basic look mind you so we are not really any “sleeker”. It has been more things like assembling them as completely as possible at our factory so they are easier to put together and changing the way the speaker mounts to the top plate so it is more ridged and does not have the visible metal piece at the front.

7. Better lower extension for QS. – This would involve a larger cabinet which can get a bit cumbersome for wall hanging. There is the option of running surround subs though. One EP125 for each pair of surrounds and run it through the high level input. Or one EP800 for each pair of surrounds for the overkill crowd.

8. M136/ 631, mirror finishes, W[M^T]W configuration for center, flagship M100, silk covered woofers (for silky smooth sound) etc. to name a few .......... – the VP160 is W[M^T]W and our high gloss finishes make pretty good mirrors.

Thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer