Happy to help. smile

You might also check at shoponkyo.com - that's where I got mine, but the warranty part never came into play. My recollection is that there is a shorter warranty on the refurbs (1 year instead of 3 maybe?). But - seriously - my 805 gets abused (it's on probably 8-10 hours a day in a semi-closed cabinet) and it's been humming along without a glitch for years. A dear friend bought the same model as me at about the same time and had the same experience. Sometimes, you can get good deals through Amazon, too.

The VP180 is gigantic. I probably recommended it because I want one. I have a VP100 in a VERY large room, and it actually works just fine. I guess it depends on how you'll use the system, and what the configuration of the room is. The VP180 is probably way overkill, but a little overkill can be nice sometimes. Any of the Axiom center channels would be a fine match for the M60. Movies and TV rely VERY heavily on the center channel, so getting a good one will make you happier in the long run.

Lots of folks have had excellent experience using a vertical center channel; dispersion of horizontal speakers just isn't all that great. They are made that way because they "look right" in people's homes, not because it is the optimal design for a loudspeaker. In a perfect world, you'd just have 3 M60's across the front, but that is pretty hard to arrange. If you can swing (and tolerate) a vertically-oriented M22 for the center, that would be an excellent choice.

The Hsu STF-2 is $349 plus $43 shipping. I don't think you can go wrong, but there are lots of other good options out there too. I have never heard a Lava sub, but I have heard other Hsu models and thought they were wonderful.

Have fun.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem