So I received the svs last week and just got my Axiom's yesterday and set them up last night. Just thought i'd post my initial impressions.

My first reaction is that I can see now why people always recommend using a sub with these speakers. I'm assuming it's because I'm used to the m3's, but they don't sound as 'full' without a sub. That being said, you can definitely tell a difference in the clarity of the mids, they feel more open, you can hear greater detail than with the M3's.

I'm actually moving house in a couple of weeks so I haven't bothered setting up my sub properly, but WOW what a difference placement makes. I have the sub next to my front right speaker at the moment and on one couch it sounds just ok, the other couch has no bass and then in only one corner of the room the bass is perfect! I know I could play with placement to get it perfect but I'll wait for the new place.

So for now, without the sub performing very well from my listening position, the m22's sound open and clear but somehow lacking. From that one corner though, it sounds amazing. Looking forward to getting my next room set-up properly so that my listening position is the best it can be.

I've read lots about sub placement (this is the first I've bought) and I'm surprised at just how MASSIVE the effect of placement is. So often, as you all would know, purchasing new components and/or speakers is about nuances. Speaker placement is definitely all about nuances, the staging or imaging will only differ slightly - this is definitely not one of those cases.

Will be back with a full review in a couple of weeks - if anyone has any tips/hints/comments please go for it!

Cheers,
Adam

Last edited by ajacks7553; 10/11/11 12:19 AM.