As I stated in another thread, I've been happily using my AX2s from 1991 with a Velodyne F1000 sub in my stereo only system (separate from my HT). The 3 speakers are still in excellent cosmetic & operational condition with no foam surround deterioration visible.

I pulled out the Axiom documentation that I've saved since 1991 & found some interesting gems. Along with the original Bill of Sale ($450), Lifetime Warranty Sheet & AX2 Owners Manual, I have several 'Axiom - We Engineer Pleasure' full colour brochures from that period. I also have full colour sheets 'Sound & Vision Product Analysis' & 'Stereo Review' (Julian Hirsch) AX2 Reviews as well as others from 'Audio Ideas' (AX1.5), 'Son Hi-Fi' (AX3), 'Stereo Review' (AX5) & 'Audio Ideas' (AX1/AX Sub Satellite/ Subwoofer System) - all in pristine condition. Furthermore, I have copies of 2 'Sound & Vision Critic's Choice Awards' covering the AX1 & AX5. The most interesting & rare is a type written letter dated February 25, 1991 personally signed by the big guy himself - Mr Ian J. Colquhoun.

I don't know if anyone at Axiom would be interested in any of these as I'm sure that they have enough paper in their plant already, ha!!

I originally bought the AX 1.5 but quickly upgraded to the AX2s. When they arrived, I found that Axiom had changed the front cosmetics that were not to my liking. The Axiom logo along the bottom front was a full width plastic strip with 'Axiom' printed on the right corner. I wrote to Axiom requesting their previous metallic looking logo which they promptly sent along with all of the documents mentioned above.

I've seen pics of vintage AX2s here around this period & mine seem to be a bit different from all of the rest. They don't match any of AX2 brochure pics (although my AX1.5 brochure resembles it). Mine have the rectangular box with the 'naked' tweeter with the 'Axiom' logo beneath on its faceplate. The front baffle is recessed with a surrounding lip to accommodate the grill.

They still sound great to me after all of these years - easily rivalling or besting what I hear now in the stores, although the Velo really helps the low end in this regard - wonderful combination. I'd post some pics but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

BTW: Yesterday I won the auctions for a pair of M22s & QS4s for my separate HT system. The Axiom legacy continues in my home.....

Tom
Comox BC