Although I already have too much on my plate at the moment, I'm stupidly going to attempt to finally get a network set up here. I've had the guy that handles all of the networking for the Boston-based Coast Guard fail at it, as well as the guy that builds all my edit systems. But both of those were several years ago and I'm hoping new equipment, Windows 7 and a fresh start will have it working.

I plan on scrapping any and all old settings (though I haven't researched how to "undo" past settings if that's necessary) and start from scratch. Comcast sent me an updated modem and they keep calling to wonder why I haven't installed it yet (I think they're concerned that I sold it in a back alley). I'm ordering a Linksys e4200 that will be here Monday and I'm going to set it all up through my Photoshop computer which is Win7 Pro (though I will still be adding some Vista and even a couple of XP-Pro machines if they cooperate).

In my office, I have four hardwired computers and a network-capable, non-wireless color laser. In my home theater rack, I have seven items to network...all wired. I have two other laptops in the house for which I would like to have wireless available.

So, the questions: Is there likely to be any problem feeding two switchers off a consumer wireless router in a setup as outlined below? There are wireless routers with more ports, though they're expensive and uncommon. Am I asking to much for this wireless router..i.e., should I be looking for higher-end business solutions?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::