My son has two PS3 Slims, got one free from my folks from a lottery drawing 160gb, and the other I think is an 80gb we got from Wally World.

Anyway, we have problems with the 80gb model. Often when we go to turn it on, it takes forever, but eventually the little wavy graphic comes up and then it says PS3, but you never get to the menu. If I try to shut it off I get 3 beeps and it does not shut off.

The only way I've been able to get it working and get back to the menu is by the following:

1) Hold down power button for about 10 seconds until unit shuts off.
2) Hold down power button again, after about 5 seconds you hear one beep, then keep holding, after a bit you hear a series of beeps, then I let up.
3) This brings up a menu of many options, one being restore file system, after I select this it says somethign is corrupt and it rebuilds, reboots, and we are good to go the main menu comes up.

The next night we go through this all over again.

I've tried a few of the other options by reformatting, etc. with no luck, also have done all updates.

I think it is still under warranty, but wondered if you have heard of this issue, sounds like the boot files or something is bad.

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85