My EP-600 doesn't have an amp in it at the moment.. and i am debating whether or not to get another amp for it.. it is past its 5 year warrantee period. However, with that said, the amp had about 1,500 hours on it when it died... Not much at all for a period of 5 years of use... The way i know the hours is the Sub has the same number of hours that my projector bulb has....

I have to decide if i want to spend 600$ on a new amp for the EP-600, or move on to another company as well... Right now i am using 2 JBL 8" subs that are about 12 years old and have thousands of hours on them.... Granted they have no where near as much punch as the empty 600 that is still sitting in the room use to have though..

I have also though about buying a plate amp for the 600, and "getting that to work" I don't know what the failure rate of these amps actually are, but there are and have been a number of problems reported on the forums. However, i would imagine this is a small percentage of the total quantity produced... But with that said... it DOES suck to be the one with an EP-600 with no amp in it, my amp died about 4 or so months ago....

Originally Posted By: Robert_W

2 - HSU ULS-15's on the way.

Having just looked these up.. on Sale for 1,100$ each.. thats only about 400$ more than the amp for the EEP-600 (i was considering running 2 600's) i think this is what i will go with. I will find a plate amp and get the EP-600 "working" again at later date and have that for a secondary system...

Last edited by dakkon; 11/14/11 04:55 AM.