Originally Posted By: Jc
Originally Posted By: gtpsuper
. . . I'm not trying to start a fight, trolling, or agumentive. I just responsed to a post about subwoofers and gave my honest opinion. Nothing against Axiom, but they really could do much better in the subwoofer dept.

Neither do I, but I'm simply wondering how you can give your honest opinion on all Axiom subs when you only own one used model which you have not compared side-by-side with competitors' models in your room. You can also compare specs against specs but too often they are not reliable.
I'm sure that you can see my point and now, I will now move on.

If I said I've only heard the EP175 and its the best sub i've heard would your response have been

"How can you give your honest opinion on Axiom subs when you've only used one model and not compared side by side with competitors"

I doubt there will ever be any 3rd party tests of Axiom subs. They backed out of the shootout with the EP600, I see that as the EP600 would have came in last place and they wasn't confident in its performance.

I would love to see a properly done non biased shootout between the PC13 Ultra, EP600, HSU VTF 15H, SubM, eD A7s-650 or A7-450. All within the same price range, and just let the measurements speak for themselves. A treated room with bass traps, proper sub placement and no EQing.