I see your points, gtpsuper, and hopefully you won't go away. It'll be fine if we can all just take a step back and breathe, don't you think? I'm interested in the design choices, and Ian and Andrew have stepped up in the past to give a little insight on some of their choices. It's their right to do that or not do that, but I think a little patience is in order.

Also, you might try to see if there's enough of an enthusiast community in your area to have get-togethers and compare gear directly. Head-to-head in a real-world setting would probably satisfy a lot of your curiosity, even with the compromises that come with that kind of arrangement.

In any case, I do think we have reacted a little too strongly on a couple of occasions. I'm not well-read enough to be able to respond to your points, so I was hoping some other people would step in. All I can say is I'm very happy with the clean, deeeep, articulate bass I get from my four EP800s, but I realize not everyone can commit that much money. Ha ha. I'm still surprised I did. I'm still curious about other offerings, though. HSU, SVS, Rhythmik, and eD are all brands I would love to try. I'm just going to find it hard to justify when I already have such a great setup. One of these days....