I have ordered 2 pairs of Algonquin's for my deck/pool area. I need to figure out how to power them. The installer suggested a speakercraft 12*35 watt amp. I'm not sold.

Assuming I buy the Denon 3312CI I will likely be using all 7 channels for either (1) 7.1 or (2) 5.1 system and power the 2 speakers in the kitchen.

I am familiar with most, including Denon's, zone 2/3 options. However assuming I am outputting a two channel analogue source how do I "spread" that over 4 channels or 6 channels (6 if I run 7.1 and need to power the kitchen)? I see a number of options:

1. Buy a 7 channel amp. However I don't understand how I can input each channel with Zone 2 source. Is there a speaker selector to use or something?

2. Buy a 12 channel multi zone amp like a niles, speakercraft, denon, onkyo, etc. as recommended I don't know how they work exactly but I presume they have the ability to send the zone 2 source to whatever speakers are being powered. I guess this would allow me to add in some the zone touch panels if needed I just don't think I need them. Each pair will have a volume control wired into the wall so I believe that is all I need.

The only thing about this option is the amp will not have as much power like say a 7*200 watt amp. I want to make sure the speakers, especially the outdoor ones have enough power.

3. I am currious if I can just buy an old 7 channel receiver and run it on party/7 channel stero mode. This seems like a patchwork option but would work.

Any persons who have installed a mutli zone please feel free to assist. I just don't want to automatically assume the installer is suggesting the best especially if I think there is not enough power.

Thanks

Temp.setup - 2.1 - Denon 1713 AVR, Denon 1713 BRD, Paradigm Cinema 200, and Monitor Audio 360 Sub