I would like to upgrade my home computer from Vista Home to a version of Windows 7 64 bit, but I really don't want to pay $320 for Ultimate, or $200 for home. I don't think I can get by with an upgrade version. I probably need the full version. I know that Newegg has OEM versions for cheaper, but I don't know if that's what I need or not.

When I experience problems with Microsoft windows, I'm not the person that likes to tinker with finding the solution by spending days at a time solving the issue. I just reload the operating system instead. If there's a lot of updates, I'd prefer to have a newer disk with most of these updates on it so I don't spend 2 days just loading in updates.

I'm also going to talk to our network guy and see what he thinks and whether I can get a better deal though the company I work for.

When I built my machine 2 1/2 years ago, Windows 7 was new and I wanted to wait for the bugs to be worked out of it first. So I ended up with Vista Home 32 bit upgrade at $100 at Best Buy. Also, I made sure that I could run the 64 bit version when I bought my parts.

Last edited by CatBrat; 01/13/12 03:25 PM.