Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
After coming across this recent, typically critical thread over there, if I was Ian, I can't imagine that I would be picking up the phone anytime soon:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/subwoofers/77536-axiom-subwoofer-blog.html

Tom
Comox, BC

This is really too bad. Ian is still being respectful and diplomatic. Gene is obviously acting like a child, because is upset about the conflict between the two of them.

Before the falling out, Gene and the other reviewers gave just about all of the Axiom products, very positive reviews. There was some constructive criticism for improvement, but nothing is perfect. Now he comes off as bad as some of the other trolls out there, just bashing Axiom whenever the chance arises. I still love my Axiom speakers, and think that they are a great value for the money. I also wish with the way that Gene is acting I could get away from going to there website altogether. But, I can't. What they are doing with subwoofer reviews is groundbreaking, comparing to other professional review sites and in print magazines. Looking at those reviews in comparsion now, seem almost like a joke Audioholics is measuring and testing the sub to truly see what the limits are in terms of output, staying within a tolerable distortion range. Also, they have come up with a way of determining what size room the sub will play well in. This in addition to completely disassembling the sub, discussing the build quality and discussing how well it integrates with the other speakers and how it sounds, as well. Also, we'll be able to see in a nice spreadsheet how all of the subs that they reviewed this way will compare. I realize that Gene does seem to be biased, so the reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. But, the testing information doesn't lie. The numbers are what they are. Even still, if I were in Axiom's position I definitely wouldn't be sending things for review over at Audioholics anymore. They definitely have an axe to grind.

In light of all of this, I will definitely not be frequenting the Audioholics forums anymore. But, the Axiom forums are still a great community of people trying to help out others learn more about av gear, Axiom or otherwise. I still will be reading the reviews at Audioholics, but mostly just for the measurements (especially on the subs), as the things other than the numbers may not really be unbiased.