The biggest trend for movies that you can purchase right now is giving customers the Blu-Ray/DVD/streaming option all in one. This way you should be able to watch the movie that you bought, just about anywhere (the streaming option is usually a subscription that is only avaliable for a couple of years and could be much improved, in this regard, but at least it is something).

Why don't the record labels give us a similar thing for music? A Blu-Ray/CD/ 312 kbps download all in one package? I'd spend an extra few dollars over the CD price for this kind of a package. Or, another idea... concert Blu-Ray's come with a CD and access to free high resolution download, as well. SACD and DVD audio aren't exactly setting record sales, in fact they are steadily declining. But, the vinyl fad seems to be coming back around and I really don't have the energy to get into that. It would be nice if there were more high resolution options. It seems to me that things like this, which don't cost the record labels any money, could surely help with sales. And maybe even deter pirating to some extent.