Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Excellent, Luc. Glad you got the amp.

Yes, you don't want to touch the tubes with your bare hands. Gloves work best as you can better grip the tubes, which makes pushing them into the sockets a bit easier. I find holding them near the base is somewhat easier.

I'd give the amp a good 5 to 10 minutes for the tubes to warm up before playing music.

I'm not sure if the amp requires biasing, or not. Let me check the pic again. . .

hmm, I can't really tell. Any small holes on the side(s) of the amp, for sticking mulitmeter leads into?

I'm not sure, will have to check tomorrow when I get home from work. The M3s sound good but they sort of feel like something is missing in the midrange or highs - will A/B test them this weekend against my Atoms. Was thinking maybe I should have gotten the M2s but looking at the specs the M3s are easier to drive, mmm I don't know, I really liked the sound of the Atoms when I was running a vintage 25wpc Marantz in the bedroom.

I guess I'll play around this weekend, worst case scenario I can move the Axioms to the 7.1 HT system If I find the Atoms sound better and/or I still have 10 days left on the 30 day demo

Last edited by lucv13; 02/02/12 05:49 AM.