Just happened a few minutes ago during my noon time walk.

I came upon two ladies with their backs turned to me trying to put change into a parking meter. Their change was going in one slot and flying out the other, falling into the snow.

I couldn't see their faces as they had their hoods up but it looked like they were not seeing that the change was falling out so I stopped and said something along the lines of "excuse me, but your change is falling into the snow." I also then noticed they were trying to use dimes and nickels and our machines only take quarters, Loonies and Toonies. Those are 1 and 2 dollar coins for our non-Tim Horton's drinking friends here.

When they turned to face me I could see that they were Chinese and looked confused. I wasn't sure if they didn't understand me or if the hood blocked their hearing so I repeated myself.

Now they looked even more confused and they said something in Mandarin that I did not understand. Then I had the bright idea maybe some visual aids would help. So I checked my pocket for change and found a quarter. I held it up and pointed at the meter.

Well, they definitely understood something because at this point, she snatched the quarter from my hand and said "Thank You, Thank You" and into the meter it went.

What could I do? I said "Your welcome" and walked away thanking myself I didn't dig deeper in my pocket for a Toonie.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.