I wish that I could spend some good dough on seats. I was looking at some non-leather seating on the cheap from TheaterSeat.com (the Eros model). Some people at AVS have them as say that they work well. Not as good as some of the premium seats, but for occasional use, they are good. Then they came out with the 5131 model... They did one production run of them around September 2011, and they sold out quickly. Now I find out that they have already been discontinued. They looked nicer and were just a touch narrower than the Eros so they were going to fit nicely.

Now I don't know what to do. I am looking at 2 rows of 8 with a loveseat option in the middle (basically the center arm is removed, which oddly cost more money on some of these models).

I can get all 8 in the configuration I want, plus lighted cupholders (free for me as part of a deal for the discontinue of the 5131) for $2254.50 shipped to my door.

That comes to about $282 per seat.

I really liked some of the options that "Roman" from AVS has. You can get leather where you touch, and motorized for about $405 per seat, but then there is shipping on top of that. His total was around $3800 for 8 seats shipped. Too much for my budget.

I really don't want to do couches since we've done that before and even if it is a reclining couch, the people in the middle still need an ottoman for their feet.

Here is the Eros:

And here is what the 5131 looked like:

I am just adding this not to totally derail the thread, but just for reference for others looking into seating options.

Farewell - June 4, 2020