Originally Posted By: FordPrefect
Hi,

Apologies for not babbling about my visit to Axiom last week. Had a great time and will post about it when time permits. Since getting back home the contractors have returned so my time is not my own.

.........for anyone who would like some cheese with that whine I have a very nice old sharp cheddar.

Now to the problem at hand, last night I spent many a happy hour trying to get two subwoofers to work.

I suspect the answer is a very simple one but come midnight I gave up on the problem. I thought I'd turn here for a little help as I don't seem to be able to find a quiet minute to think this through.

As I used to create engineering drawings before I retired I thought I'd show you all the options I tried, I hope it's not too technical for everyone.

Option A - cable to sub #1, it worked
Option B - cable to sub #2, it worked
Option C - using "Y" & cable to sub #1, it worked
Option D - using "Y" & cable to sub #2, it worked
Option E, using "Y" and cables to both subs, Nothing Worked.

I know the curious amongst you will wonder how i managed to find the time to do the drawing when apparently i don't have the time to solve the problem.... a topic best left for a later date.

Receiver Denon AVR890
Sub #1 Axiom EP3350
Sub #2 Paradign DSP3400
Two different Y-cables were tried both male to 2 female.

Your thoughts?

What are the exact Y-cables you are using? I have experienced something similar before setting up dual subwoofers and it was caused by using a very cheap splitter. A single sub would work on either end of the Y but combined only the one sub would work. The quality of the splitter was exactly what you see in the supplied cables when you buy a DVD player but a male to 2 female adapter equivalent.

Make sure the splitter is spec'd for 75 ohms. I purchased a splitter from Blue Jeans cable for $2.50 and it solved the problem. Perhaps you have a similar issue with the Y splitter you are using.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne