Hi John
the 2.1 isn't for any type of digital processing. Just 2 ch stereo it is in the living room and not putting speakers anywhere else. Just to watch TSN breakfast time and occassional sitcom. may even get into LP's. Subs just for a little more bottom umph. Not even sure yet I want a sub upstairs ...just like to try that 3 x 8 driver lol
let me see if I can find that comment about the subs.
nope it would be left.surr the line in on a small 8" sub under the qs8 then line out to the qs8. right surr. to the line in on a 8" sub below the right qs8 and same as the two rear surrounds.
But, now that I think about it pointless if I have all set to small. Cut-off is at 80hz anyways and being small nothing below 80hz will go down the line to the sub anyways that the qs8's can't handle.
Unless I set all speakers to large and set the settings to Main + LFE.
I like the bookshelfs and sub though, may have to rethink this theatre setup. My daughter may inherit a awesome setup. I should of said no to the Pioneer and went with the Denon replacement.
one thing for sure is the towers upstairs and the emo amp and stereo processor.

I am 11 - 12 ft from my screen. room is 15 ft wide. I have 7ft behind me.
I need 7 speakers running off a emo amp for the front three. Either the 4 rears run off a A/R or I get 4 UPA1's.
I am thinking a pre/pro the XPA-3 and 4 UPA's not sure of the pre/pro though.
or Denon 4311 or 3312 and the XPA-3 for the fronts. The Denon will run the rears.
75% movies 25% music
Budget will be if I have to renew the speakers and reciever $5k
speakers $3k for the fronts and $1500 rears.
have the subs. Where or what would I get ,if I go reciever it has to be Denon though and Emotiva

Pioneer sc-1525
M80 HG Cherry