Normal AT screen and AT wall would mean that the speakers would go behind the screen itself, and the area around the screen (sides, top, bottom) would just allow everything to breathe and for sound to flow. If the screen wasn't AT, then the speakers would need to fit into that space around the screen (looking at my "drywall" picture, that would be under the soffits for the left and right) and then under the screen for the center. The subs would also need to fit back there, so they would probably end up behind the screen. The subs are downfiring with a single port pointing upward.

All this to get a higher gain screen and will go AT. Without a false wall to hide everything up front, the subs become a problem...

As for the screen maintenance, I will be building a small stage. Big enough to look nice, but small enough that people won't stand on it. That should help keep fingers away. The GOM or whatever AT fabric I use for around the screen will, of course, get dusty over time, but it should be pretty minimal. Just think if I built my room with fabric panels everywhere like some people do (floor to ceiling anyway)...

Farewell - June 4, 2020