I went for a quick visit downtown Montreal to visit the Son & Image Show (more specifically, visit Axiom as I did not have time to see anything else).

Below are the copy/paste of what I wrote on Facebook for those not following that social network.

-----------------
Hi! Back from the show. New speaker looks great. Very pretty as a taller version of the M80. Very impressive. It was very hard to make any kind of sonic assessment as it was a large room with a lot of people talking. Nevertheless, I was able to move laterally in font the speakers at various distance and i was very impressed by the steadiness of the imaging. The added presence was hard to admire in a large room. Add reflection needs walls to be properly felt. By it definitely sounded like an Axiom speaker, which is already a good seal of approval. DSP box looks professional and well-built. It was hooked to two Bryston stereo amplifiers (Axiom was co-hosting in a room with Bryston). I'm actually interested in this new flagship product when I move out of my appartment.

Eric Falardeau
Now for the important bit! One of my main motivations to go there was also to meet the people. I met with JC, Amie, Alan, Andrew and Alan again. The reason why I met Alan twice is that the first time my name did not rign a bell and did not realize we "knew each other" from the forum. Amie was, obviously, very gracious and very knowlegeable and it was fun discussing some of the other products (a lot of which I own!). JC is the one I exchange the most frequently with as he is essentially the Quebec representative of Axiom. It was very nice to exchange of some audio points (a lot from the past!) with Alan and I met Andrew with whom I was able to learn about some aspects of the new speaker and some exchanges about the effect of the radiating speakers would have of different room correction algorithms (especially the effect on the processing of inputs as higher frequencies). So, as I suspected, there people are as nice and knowledgeable in persons as through the Internet! That's all for me, folks!

See Mojo's signature