My brother sells cars, I had a standing joke with him that if anyone ever trades in a $1000 RX-8, that he'd call me. One fateful day in this past November he called me and said some kid's grandfather was just talking to him, asking if anyone want a wrecked RX-8 for about a grand.

So I bought it.

It sat at the body shop with a $2000 deposit for two months before they even moved it into the garage. It took two more months after that for them to finish all the repairs. Yeah, it was entirely too long, and no one I talk to will ever take their car for repairs, but in the end I'm the owner of a car worth close to 10k, and I have less than 5 in it. And I absolutely love driving it. Honestly, I can't image a car I'd want more...well, maybe if there was a turbo model.

I had it a work, and everyone was saying how the girls will be all over me now. Moments after that conversation, a girl who had been bugging me for over 15 years to go out with her texted me once again asking if I wanted to go out. I said yes this time.

So she comes over to my house, and I offer to drive to the restaurant. I point back to my shiny, black RX-8, and she says, "nice ride." I agree. For the audio-topic part of this post, I'll say that the Bose stereo in the car is busted, and the only sound I hear when driving is the purr of the 9000 RPM rotary engine.

After dinner I invite her up to my place. She walks into the living room, aka, the home theater, and says, "what a bachelor pad." I begrudgingly agree. But that was the wrong comment. The girl of my dreams will, upon seeing my setup say, "nice setup, what do you have to watch?", walk over to my media rack and pick out "Fast and Furious."

I might give her another chance, though.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris