Originally Posted By: SirQuack
that is interesting Scott, didn't realize you had an MPS-1. The guy at Emo even sent me replacement module amps to try and same issue. Then he wanted me to remove/solder off some circuit/limiter from the mother board to resolve the issue, don't think so Lonnie Vaughan.

Hi Randy, dig way back in the memory banks... back to when I first started asking stupid questions like "can I mount a QS8 on the ceiling?" You had an MPS-1, and a at the time you we complimentary of Emotiva and their staff. Based on your recommendation, I ordered the entire set of "big dogs". I did have an amp module problem as well, but mine was a high pitched buzz, like a lit fuse. Lonnie said it was due to interference from a local microwave tower (!!?!???!?!!). Whatever, they sent me new amp modules and the buzz went away. We do have a large micro tower within eyeshot of the house, so maybe there was something to it.
Since then, the only issue I've had was that my EP500 kept blowing the little 250mA fuses. Through lots of reading here, I discovered that all XLR connections are not created equal - there are different voltages used. JC suggested that I go up to 1 A fuses, and I haven't had a problem since.
This is what led to my comment a couple of years ago that maybe the problem you were having with your MPS1 was due to the Denon AVR you use(d?). Not really so much a problem with one or the other, but more of a compatibility issue.

Scott

My HT