Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Thank you, Jack.

And ... Obama has attempted to destroy the greatest health care system in the world,

This is not a true statement... The U.S. spends the most in the world on health care, and by far does not have the best results from the money spent... I am working on a masters in public policy, and have done a considerable amount of studying/reading on this specific topic..

Your statement is simply just not true, we do/did not have the best health care system in the world. We had one which, if you had a wonderful health care policy, or were rich you were/are set. However, if you happend to be poor.. well you were shit out of luck especially if you had/have a chronic medical problem... There was one book that i read (i am sorry i do not remember the title or author, if i remember i will get it for you), in it there was a young woman 30 years old, who had lupus disease... She had a Bachelors degree and worked part time for a hospital... Long story short.. She died because she could not get treatment for her desease... How on earth would this happen if we have/had the "greatest health care system in the world"???

Now, granted.. i am going to assume that i have done much more reading/writing on this specific topic than yourself, so please do not take this personal... There are hundreds of examples such as the one above that proves my point....

If you would like to read about our "greatest health care system in the world" please read this book below

This is Paul Starr's dissertation...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Social-Transfo...1180&sr=8-2

Here is another good book, MUCH shorter than the Starr book, this book directly compares the U.S. health care system to others by first hand accounts.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Healing-Americ...1241&sr=1-1

It seems like you have a very decided opinion about Obama.. Which is fine, i am glad you have an opinion, but if you are going to make specific accusations, please do some reading to be able to defend your position.

If you have examples that are counter to mine, i would be more than happy to see them.