Dakkon, my comment about the number of non-tax paying illegals here in the US is only one factor. I will tell you this, I would rather pay just sales tax than sales tax AND income tax. Even here where the city adds a percent, paying 7% for purchases vs. 18% (or whatever income tax is) AND 7% for purchases.

Let me say this. This country was built on immigration. We shouldn't close our doors, we should in fact make it EASIER to come here. YES, EASIER! But also make it easier to get citizenship. Easier to get legit SS#'s, easier to be a legal part of this country. Then put up strict laws and strict enforcement of those laws for anyone who is here illegally since there is no reason NOT to be a legal (income tax paying) citizen. Instead we have a system where getting citizenship is difficult (at least according to Hillary Clinton) and these people actually don't WANT to be a citizen because they don't want to pay taxes (general statement folks, obviously some of them want to be citizens). They make more money by not going through the hassle of becoming citizens.

Farewell - June 4, 2020