Post by Cheeseroo .... "I actually find it a fascinating thing to try and setup such an experiment in home when i get the chance to audition some equipment. Maybe others just don't want to bother. "
--------------------------------------------------

Cheeseroo .... I would love to take that challenge.

Especially if I could pick the speakers. I guarantee if you have moderatly good ears , you'd hear before and after difference in controlled conditions.

I've owned all kinds of gear over the years and some speakers break in much more than others IMO.

VIFA's IMO have a very noticable "improvement"

B&W's FST mids definately breakin. (Just too stiff out of the box)

Most all subs loosen up after some good pounding. Especially ones with the heavy "foam" surrounds.

Like other theories I've tested this over the years and come to the conclusions I have rather than guess about it. I also tested high end speaker cables over regular 12 ga stranded and even SOLID wire .... I'll bet no one can tell the difference in a blind test. (Yet their are many scientific papers on why they sound better )

Anyway ... again ... My apologies . It was an honest to goodness mistake on your name.

In the end ... I'm just another music lover with far too much gear. In that regard I think many of us here are kindred spirits.

Last edited by Petre; 04/25/04 04:15 PM.