Lets say that I have 8 speakers that are 4 ohms each.
I would like to set them up in groups of 4 speakers, so two groups of 4...

How can I get it so that they don't tax a basic stereo receiver that is only rated for 8 ohms/channel?

OK. So these are bass shakers, not speakers, but you get the idea.

I have a pair of wires running to my front row of seats, and a pair going to my back row of seats. Each row has 4 seats, each seat has a bass shaker.

I can wire them, it seems, so that I can get 8 or 2 ohms per pair and then combining two pairs (thus 4 seats) I can get 16 ohms, 4 ohms, 10 ohms (8+2), or 5 ohms (8+2/2)...

The receiver I was looking at was the Sherwood RX-4105. It costs all of $100 and offers 100 watts/channel (perfect match for two sets (channels) of four 25 watt shakers)...

If I go with a plate amp, they seem to all be mono output (which is fine), but when combining 8 shakers, I get 8 ohms (or other "odd" ohm numbers like the 5 & 10 in my first example)...

So either I need some help with the wiring to get something that won't tax the little $100 Sherwood (which I do NOT own yet) ohms wise but still utilize two channels to get the right wattage, or I need to find a mono amp that is 200 watts, not expensive, and can do 8 watts.

Ideas?

Farewell - June 4, 2020