Hello BlueJays1,

Thank you for your ideas. You are right that the problem is no labelling for the input or output terminals. My confusion goes further when I attempt to figure out why there are so many terminals on the speakers. The speakers are for my 16 year old son (I thought I would start him out on Axioms right away, albeit older ones)and I have planned to use both of the subwoofers along with a pair of AX2 bookshelf speakers utilizing the high pass filter that they apparently have inside.

JohnK`s response helped my thinking in that the four pairs of terminals must be for when you are using one subwoofer and filtering to two bookshelf speakers. Since I want to try one to one I will attempt what JohnK suggested and run one set of wires to one of the input terminals and then to the AX2. However now I have more guessing as to not only which is the input/output but also which of the pairs should I use for the one on one filtering I want to set up!

Although I wanted to avoid opening up the speaker for purely time managment issues I think I will have to do what Alan suggests and get my nose inside the units.

Thanks again.

BTW. It is hard to see in the pictures I posted but the polarity is clearly marked on the speakers. The black is negative and the red is positive so keeping the polarity consistent will be easy. smile