pay 100 bucks for?

One of my favorite films from the late sixties, early seventies is Ken Russell's, "The Devils." It's based on Aldous Huxley's "The Devils of Loudoun" (sp?). I haven't seen it in 41 years and it left that big an impression (welt) on me, so I've been hot to see it again for years.

Around that time, many writers artists and directors were fascinated by what was being termed "ultraviolence." Peckinpaw went there, Kubrick went there, Warhol went there. Python even did a skit, "Ken Russell's Garden Party," which begins as a most genteel and posh Sunday gathering on the pristine lawns, and devloves into a savage bloodbath. I like when that happens.

"The Devils" (1971) stars Vanessa Redgrave (as a nun) and Oliver Reed as Richelieu. Purported to be based on at least some truth, it is an "investigation" into the collision of 1630's French Catholicism with sex and violence. The performances are as stunning as the subject matter and its sometimes gruesome depiction.

It was re-released last month. It has been restored and is uncut, as the original version would have been slapped with an X (boy, that happened very early into the new rating system).

So here's the rub. It's NOT BluRay, and with this effort, it's not likely to be on anyone's "to do" list for a while.

It's $100 for a DVD, from the UK!

I was gonna ask GOD, but we're still not speaking after that little lutefisk incident, so I'll settle for your opinions.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.