Originally Posted By: Andrew
The table shows continuous power output figures. This is power that you have available for any length of time that it might be required. What we have not stated is peak or instantaneous power ratings and this is where you are able to momentarily sink far more power into the load than the continuous numbers suggest. This is the power supply "steering" that you are thinking of from the A1400 and the new amplifiers all have this same capability.

Yes, but if there are two, three, or four channels driven then there is also 325 Watts continuous power available to each channel. When 5 channels are driven the number drops to 300 Watts available continuously to each channel, since there is only 1500 Watts that can be had out of the wall. My question is: If 1500 Watts can be split up between the channels so that there is approximately 300 Watts continuously given to each channel, then why can't there be 1500 Watts continuously given if there is only one channel driven? Or 750 Watts if only two channels are driven? Was this limited to 325 Watts continuous since there are some speakers that cannot handle more than than on a over a period of time, or am I missing something? I still don't really understand.