I'm still enjoying my Kindle, and I'm making good progress on my re-read of The Wheel of Time. I'm about a third of the way through the fifth book. I took a short break to read a friend's short story that she published on Amazon.com. It's a decently-written story that she had me read a while ago when she did it for class. I'd say she has more natural storytelling ability than I do, even if it's not something I'd normally read. (Pssst... She didn't edit it very well, though, since at least around the halfway mark typos start to show up.) It has inspired me to finish a story and publish on Amazon.com, too. It sounds really easy, and it would be fun to have something out there, even if very few people ever actually stumble onto it.

If any of you write a story and publish there, too, let me know, and I'll buy a copy, assuming you don't price it into the stratosphere. I can't imagine charging much for whatever I churn out. I still feel hopelessly far from earning any sort of real publishing deal, so this is really just an exercise in doing something because I can. In any case, I know some of you are very creative and have writing goals yourselves. This seems like a good way to dip your toes into the idea of publishing.

Kindle Direct Publishing