Thanks IBmack. I appreciate you sharing your experience.

I should have probably added that I can be a bit of an adrenaline junkie at times. Certainly not movie material or anything. Although, I probably would have been worse if I actually had any money growing up. In any case, the performance piece is part of the reason I'm looking at that model.

My wife.... Definitely not so much at first but she does tend to work her way up to thrill seeker over time. It just takes longer. You just won't get her to admit it, but you can see it in her eyes as she eventually gets almost as bad as me. She just has to expand her limits at a much more conservative rate.

A slower, mono hull boat with a picnic basket would probably be the right choice for her in season one. However, she will get bored of that by the end of the year. By season two, she will be exited for the first week, then probably not bother with it for the rest of the summer. By season three, I'll realize I should have bought a more exiting boat and have to go through the whole sell/buy process again.

I've learned from things like Sea kayaking, that it is better to get her gear where she can learn and slowly push her limits as far as she wants to go. Sailing in faster winds is a choice she can make and work up to. She can, and will, easily just choose to not participate on the windy days at first but over time, I will get to watch her smile every time she gets a little more daring. This will sound sappy, but her "I can't believe I'm doing this smile", is by far my favourite.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.