Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Well, I don't know what it is but it's not marriage.

The central institution of human society from literally time immemorial is the heterosexual family unit. It is the institution upon which all other institutions stand.

In all of human history, no society has ever condoned homosexual marriage. Marriage is a creature of the state, rooted in culture. I can understand why homosexual couples would want all of the economic and trust benefits of marriage. But why marriage?

Why adoption? Why the propagation of the homosexual lifestyle in everything from popular culture to grade school text books?

Personally, I don't think this is a good thing for civilization because it undermines the central institution of our culture.

Just my opinion.

WHY homosexual marriage and adoption?
simply because it's in human nature, it's natural.
Think about this a little: no human has ever done anything that's not human.
People sometime say: what he/she did is unhuman.
in reality, it's as human as anything else humans do, or can do.

you reject some forms of discrimination while you approve others, like when you wrote: "This holding honors the institution of marriage and our notion that no civil liberty should be abridged by reason of race or religion".
you forgot that civil liberty should include homosexual marriage and adoption. if it's not included, where is the civil liberty?

Last edited by J. B.; 05/15/12 09:34 PM.