I'll be, 2x6 getting hammered for having his own opinion? I think it's a damn shame and myself think those who have favored gay marriage in this thread seem less tolerant of opposing views than what 2x6 has stated, very well imo.

Now, I can't say I agree with his opinion but I will respect it. If a gay couple wants to be involved in the institution of marriage I say let them do as they wish. As all the people on here that are married know there's nothing easy about keeping a marriage going long term. Sure, there are a lot of great times but it sure as hell isn't a ride in the park 100% of the time.

I say go for it, let gays have the right afforded to them as is any other loving couple. It's my opinion that one does't choose to be gay; they are born as such. To punish a person for how they were born is beyond my comprehension. I'm sure most on this site wouldn't figure for me to have this view but it what I believe.

I also respect 2x6s opinion on gays not being able to adopt. Once again, I disagree but he certainly is entitled to his view without condemnation.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud