Murph, thanks for the informative response. I have a LAN throughout the house, and can utilize that if needed. I have a Liksys E3000 router and two Linksys ten port switches in the office hub where the Internet router is. That is also where all the LAN cables are routed to a 12 port LAN patch block. From the block, I have patch cables to the two switches and the router. I can then just plug a patch cable into the the patch block as needed in the different rooms throughout the house. I obviously use wireless as well, for some things like my laptop. This hub is also where all my cable and phone lines tie together. The phone is a 110 block, cable is a mess of different ported hubs. I did the installation and terminations myself, with the help of a comm tech friend of mine and a case of beer.....

At both rooms where I have audio gear, I have a four port switch that plugs into the LAN. The devices on the EQ racks then plug into the switches. I have them set up this way, as they all get firmware updates via Internet, or they have Internet functionality of some sort.

I have my HP Media Server plugged into the network as well.

I am running Widows 7 on all my computers, and I used the homegroup set up wizard for each, with a set up key.

I do have odd network issues. Sometimes I can not access a computer from a different computer, although I have set each up to allow unlimited access on the network. Between Nortons and all the other shit I don't understand, I'm sure this problem is my own doing. I should just pay someone to come over and fix this, but I hate not knowing how to do something myself, so I tend to fumble around and make things worse, then ask the Axiom forum to fix my mistakes...LOL>