Originally Posted By: Woodrow
From a review of two differnt speaker cables I just read:
The "brand a" had a softer, slower sound, with added measures of body and warmth; the "brand b" was more insistent, muscular, and precise. Initially, I thought the "brand b" sacrificed the AQ's ability to present long, graceful decays. But when I focused only on crash cymbals, for instance, I realized that the Kimber did, in fact, produce equally well-expressed decays; it just had a persistent way of redirecting my attention to attack transients—the initial pulses of energy from percussive sounds such as piano keys, drum heads, and metal shakers.
Does this review fall into the catagory of "Golden Ears", or fanciful imagination? Sounds to me like a bunch of hooey.

That review reminds me of the episode of Weeds where the Andy character is trying to get into a school to become a Rabbi so he can escape going to Iraq and only succeeds because he writes an essay on "What it means to me to be a Jew" while being so stoned at a pot convention that it gets written on a Torah like scroll of paper towel while laying on the floor of a female restroom.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.