I get tired just reading what everyone else does, ha1

I keep it very simple - I go for a 1/1.5 hour walk daily through our local nearby parks & forest, sometimes stopping to smell the roses & talk to our urban deer. No membership fees required.

After I experienced a long, steady rise in my blood sugar levels (Type 2 diabetes since 1980, based on my extensive net research since last December I've limited my daily carb intake to 100 grams or less per day. I supplement my calorie intake with increased protein & fats. From what I've been able ascertain from the net, fats are generally not a problem if carb intake is reduced to a reasonable level. My sugar levels now have dropped dramatically to almost normal levels.

If you are overweight, by limiting carbs to a reasonable level you will lose weight & keep it off (I do not have that problem). Furthermore, the long term benefits are that epidemic of diabetes in our society can be largely arrested.

Excessive carb intake - both from sugar intake & especially from refined grains - is largely the cause of obesity in North America.

BTW, I can only power lift a large mug of beer...

TAM