Since we've done cars, how about some motorcycles for the riders out there.

I've been riding for over 30 years. My first bike was a Harley 1000cc Sportster that my wife bought me for my birthday in Gander, Nfld. The day that it rumbled into my yard in May, it was snowing (typical of Nfld weather). I owned a HD long before they became fashionable for yuppies who own most of them now. Back then they were quite uncommon, not like today where everyone seems to own one.

After family obligations forced me to sell my HD, shortly after I got back into riding by acquiring a big touring bike - 1985 Yamaha Venture Royale (~800 lbs). I traded it up to an even bigger 2004 Royal Star Midnight Venture (~900 lbs).

A couple of years ago I got tired of wrestling the big bike out of my garage & upgraded to a 2009 Yamaha TMAX (480 lbs). This bile is an absolute marvel of engineering & is a very rare bike out here - I've never seen another one on the road. It is quick, nimble & a blast to ride - 500cc, no foot controls, auto transmission & just plain easy to drive. It's the most fun that you can have sitting up!

Here are some pics of my bikes in our lovely surroundings of Vancouver Island:

1985 Venture Royale

2004 Royal Star Venture

2009 TMAX

TAM

Last edited by exlabdriver; 07/31/12 08:36 PM.