Hello,
I am new to Axiom and looking for a bit of help with a possible receiver upgrade. I am in the process of upgrading a small home theater with a pair of on wall M2 speakers, and plan to also get either a pair of M3 or M22 bookshelf speakers.

I have a 10 year old (cheaper) Yamaha receiver that came in a 'home theater in a box'. It does not have any HDMI inputs or any of the other newer features like Airplay, iPod interface etc.

My questions:
1. Do I need to upgrade my receiver to maximize the potential of my new Axiom speakers or will my current one do?
2. I plan to also get an Apple TV. Do I need all of the fancy features like airplay and streaming, or can I just buy a basic Denon receiver that has HDMI inputs and use the Apple TV to do the streaming.

I am not an overly technical person, so anything that makes it easier to just watch a movie or listen to music is a plus. I am certain that I will not use or understand many of the features available in many of the receivers I have looked at. Simple = better.

Thanks again,
Coal