Update:

Last weekend I set up my new M2s & EP400 where my vintage AX2s/Velo system previously resided. The smaller form factor of the new speakers in Boston Cherry is nicer in appearance than the standard black in our room. The FMS24 stands with the smaller M2s perched on top have a more elegant look - good for WAF.

This new system is simply outstanding as an audio only setup. My tube amp drives them easily to excessive levels in my large space that compares favourably to the output of my previous set up - thankfully proving my initial thoughts that they would be up to the task.

The M2s are accurate, powerful & the EP400 is a monster of a sub for music in a remarkably small package. At about 1/2 Volume & Crossover at 80Hz, it easily vibrates my hardwood floor & whacked my couch nicely from 8' away. For initial testing I played a Spyro Gyra SACD - Good to Go-Go - that is energetic fusion jazz with lots of fast, dynamic bass from drums & electric bass guitar - no one note droning here! The system performed admirably with the EP400 being most impressive. On all other music, including Cameron Carpenter's impressive, dynamic organ pieces, it ably rendered everything that I played accurately & with authority.

All in all, the diminutive M2s/EP400 combo makes a killer audio system even in quite a large room. My thanks to Ian & his crew for designing & manufacturing a very nice sounding system.

Pic of my new set up:

TAM