I bought a large center channel speaker from ED back just before the VP180 was introduced and it seemed they were already experiencing problems then. TWO missed shipping dates and a slow response to E-Mails asking about the delay in shipping. (Took over six weeks to get it) In a discussion with one of the principals it seemed they had the business but because money was tight and the banks weren't lending to small business especially one out in the middle of nowhere, they couldn't expand, keep inventory in stock and deliver products on time, hence, probably a lot of cancelled orders and people who might have wanted to buy but were afraid to order. As we are all aware, even rumours, especially on the forums, of an "on-line" business in trouble can be extremely damaging to its future. It seems all this eventually caught up with them.

Unfortunately, that center channel I bought had the worst horizontal dispersion of any speaker I have ever purchased, regardless of price, and it wasn't too long before it was relegated to the speaker "archives" in my basement.

Last edited by casey01; 08/28/12 03:48 PM.