I suppose the heat from the gear shouldn't be an issue since I will most likely keep an open back for easy access to the connections. The room behind the equipment closet is my bedroom, and I'm not too concerned with how things look in there. I'll just need a nice-looking glass door for the front that will create a nice seal to keep noise out of the home theater area. Any recommendations there?

I'm thinking I'll have the closet wide enough for two columns of shelving. I plan on having a lot of gear in there, so I'll need the space. Of course, some of the gear I won't need access to from the home theater side, so I guess we'll see.

I'm also concerned about refrigerator noise, since the kitchen area is part of the space, and I won't really be able to isolate it. I suppose I'll just need to read enough reviews to see what the quiet ones are.

A designer is supposed to be coming by on Friday to help us work out our plans a bit more. What are some things I might not be considering that I can bring up?